Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

EPSON STYLUS CX6400. PRINTER ERROR AS SOON AS PRINTER IS…

EPSON STYLUS CX6400. PRINTER ERROR...
EPSON STYLUS CX6400. PRINTER ERROR
AS SOON AS PRINTER IS TURNED ON THE ERROR LIGHT APPEARS
11/18/2010
Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer

Colin Vincent :

Hi there. Are there any error messages displayed on the screen ?

Customer:

yes , just says printer error seeyour documentation and call service if necessary

Colin Vincent :

ok that error is not specific but I suspect your printer has hit the trigger level for the waste ink pad. Inside the printer is an absorbant pad that contains waste ink from head cleans etc. When a set amount of printer usage is hit it puts the printer into protection mode until the pad is inspected and the usage counter reset. Inspecting the waste ink pad is not something that can be done by the user and would require a visit to a service center. There is some good news though, which is that the waste ink pad is very very rarely at a level to be an issue and the warning can be reset but as long as you are aware that the potential for a leak is there. if you wish to reset let me know and i will give you a method to try

Customer:

yes please I would like you to give me a method to try

Colin Vincent :

Ok there are 2 possible resets that may help but try this first.

• Turn OFF the printer.

• Press B/W + Color + Stop button together and hold

• Press the Power ON button and hold it (4 buttons now held, don’t release the buttons until you see the light indicator is blinking. A message will be displayed on the screen also)

• When it does release all buttons.

• Press the Color button once

• Then turn OFF the printer and when you turn it on hopefully it will have reset
  • Customer:

can you give me a method to try and reset please

Customer:

Gee thanks alot Colin it as done the trick thank you once again

Colin Vincent :

no problem. I have reset my printer 6 time,no leaks yet but keep an eye on it

Customer:

ok

Colin Vincent :

have a good rest of the day. bye

Colin Vincent
    Colin Vincent, Engineer
    Colin Vincent
    Colin Vincent
    Colin Vincent, Engineer