Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Magicolor 1600w and the Error light is slowly blinking.

Customer Question
I just changed the black...
I have a Magicolor 1600w and the Error light is slowly blinking. I just changed the black toner, but the printer does not go to "Ready." What steps can I take to fix?

Thanks,

Steve
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Printers
11/6/2010
Technician: tbwhite2040, Technician replied 7 years ago
tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician

tbwhite2040 :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you in finding an answer to your question.

tbwhite2040 :

Make sure the cartridge is seated firmly into place and all doors are shut properly. Make sure there is no paper jammed inside the printer. Then reset the printer by doing the steps below.

Unplug the Power cable from the back of the printer. Unplug the USB cable also from the back of the printer.

Press and hold the power button down for at least 30 seconds to discharge any electricity left in the capacitors.

release the power button and plug the power cable back in and turn the printer on. Let the printer initialize.

once the printer is intialized, plug the USB cable back into the Printer and let Windows find it and install the drivers for it

Try printing again

Customer:

Customer:

I was able to get the printer to work before I received your answer. If you feel I owe you some payment, please let me know (I've never used this service before).

tbwhite2040 :

If you have already solved your problem then I will request a refund for you.

Customer:

I was able to get the black toner installed yesterday pm and get the printer back to ready. It works fine now. Could you get me a refund?

tbwhite2040 :

I requested a refund for you. Just Answer should contact you when it has gone through.

tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician