Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Canon Pixma iP 4200 service error 6A00. 12 blinks of the yellow

Canon Pixma iP 4200 service...
Canon Pixma iP 4200 service error 6A00. 12 blinks of the yellow light. The screen tells me to turn off printer and restart. In the past this has worked. Currently, after 4 attempts, I get the same error code when I try to print. I cannot find anything in the manual that addresses this service error or 12 blinks. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul
9/23/2010
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Chat Conversation Started
PRINTERCAT :

Hi, This is michelle and i will be assisting you regarding the issue

JACUSTOMER-0geeeqkc- :

Hi

PRINTERCAT :

please let me know the operating system on the computer windows xp, vista 7 or macos x

JACUSTOMER-0geeeqkc- :

I think Vista. I willcheck

JACUSTOMER-0geeeqkc- :

Windows vista business service pack 2

PRINTERCAT :

also do let me know that when you receive the error code do you get any text message displayed as well on the printer panel

JACUSTOMER-0geeeqkc- :

Yes, It says to restart the printer and if that doesn't work to consult the manual. I can give you th eexact wording if you'd like.

PRINTERCAT :

yes please that will be really helpful

JACUSTOMER-0geeeqkc- :

Canon iP 4200 (copy 1) - USB002

JACUSTOMER-0geeeqkc- :

Service Error 6A00.

PRINTERCAT :

thanks for the info

JACUSTOMER-0geeeqkc- :

Cancel printing and turn the printer off then on again

PRINTERCAT :

do you see a resume button the printer display unit

JACUSTOMER-0geeeqkc- :

If this doesn't clear the error ...

JACUSTOMER-0geeeqkc- :

I am assuming that the resume button is the one that is flashing yellow?

PRINTERCAT :

try these steps first

PRINTERCAT :

Turn off printer by pressing the power button
press the Resume button and press Power button.
Keep holding down Power button and release Resume button
Press Resume button 2 times then release BOTH buttons
Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.

JACUSTOMER-0geeeqkc- :

in the works now

PRINTERCAT :

does it work

Andy, Elec & Comp pro

Hi

6A00 is basically a hardware error related to Purge Unit. If printer is in warranty get it replaced by Canon. If not please read ahead.

1. Please open the printer cover and when the carriage head moves to center pull out the power cord.
2. The Purge unit is on the right side. Use a flashlight and you will see two ink pads. This is where the print-head is PARKED and is the top of the Purge unit.
3. There you will find wiper blades that move from the rear to the front. They wipe the bottom of the print-head when it is parked.
(The ink pads actually drop down about 3/4" to allow the wiper blade to pass and then it is supposed to spring back to the rear. Also the ink suction for cleaning the print-head is done by the purge unit.)
4. Use some rubber gloves and a paper towel and see if you can press the ink pads down just a little bit - about 1/4". See if for some reason the wiper blade is stuck extended, if so see if you can get it unstuck. Please do this gently such that you don't break anything there.

This error indicates that the purge unit is not giving the correct timing signal as it rotates inside 360 degrees. Therefore, something is either broken or jammed inside. If you had a paper jam and tried to forcefully pull it out, you could have pulled the internal gears out of alignment.

So you will need to do some maneouvers to try to release the cartridge from its parking position. Again, don't try hard.

Now, if this does not work than it would be cheaper to buy a new printer rather than sending it to Canon for repair if its not in warranty.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Edited by Andy on 9/23/2010 at 4:45 PM EST
Chat Conversation Started
PRINTERCAT :

please feel free to ask as the suggested step is just the first step in diagnosing and fixing the issue

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
It worked. I pressed on ink pads. When I started it back up I saw the wiper blade move freely. Please tell Printercat thanks for her attempting to help.

Thanks Andy.

Paul

The wiper blade answer was provided by me and not the other expert.

You clicked on Accept on the wrong Answer.

Do you want to pay me (Andy) or the other expert (Printercat)?

Edited by Andy on 9/23/2010 at 5:04 PM EST
Sorry Andy,

I thought I was accepting your advice. I wrote a note that it was you and not Printercat that solved the problem. I want to pay you.

Paul
Hello Paul,

Thanks a ton for your note. Moderators will transfer the credit to my account.

Have a great day !!
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert