Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

why am i dumb

?...
why am i dumb ?
7/14/2010
tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician

The link below will give you some things to try to resolve the issue. The answering machine might be causing it not to receive faxes.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01661987&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=219&product=3635378

Nedim Milanovic
Nedim Milanovic, Technician

Check telephone cable which goes into device. There is problem on some devices if you use cord with 4 wires instead of two middle or vice versa if you use cord with two wires try with another cord with 4 wires

I got all the HP troubleshooting material already from their website - but still not working.

To receive faxes, you will first need to configure how your computer handles incoming faxes by going to System Preferences > Print & Fax > Faxing. You can set faxes to be automatically saved to a folder, sent to an email address, and/or printed to a printer.

I've just done what you outline above under the Systems Pref menu, but there is no place for me to establish what folder or email address a fax should be save to.
I believe you would create a folder and save it in it or save it to your desktop. One you have created your e-mail just attach the pdf file and send out a mass email to all you want to send it to.
It's not sending that's the problem, it's receiving. Thanks for trying to help!
As stated before I believe your answering machine could be blocking the incoming fax. I would disable the answering machine and check the phone lines to make sure they are correct and try it again to see if you can receive a fax from someone.
tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician