Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cant get my printer to print or scan. It only will copy…

Customer Question
I can't get my printer...
I can't get my printer to print or scan. It only will copy.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
7/14/2010
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

what type of printer and what type of computter do you have

have you installed the software for it and made sure the usb cable is attached on both ends.

give me the printer make and model number and the computer make model and operating system and i will get you the correct drivers and walk you through the installation process

Robert M., Consultant
my printer is a lexmark a x5495 my laptop is gateway windows vista

check both ends of the cable between the printer and computer.
unplug them and plug them in again

go to printer and faxes folder

right click on the printer make sure that it does not say "use printer offline"

make sure it is listed as default printer

double click on the printer. cancel any jobs that are in the queu

turn the printer off

turn the computer off

turn the printer on

turn the comptuer on

go to printer and faxes folder
right click on the printer and select properties
attempt to print a test page

if that does not work

disconect the usb cable from the computer

highlight the printer in printers and faxes folder push delete on the keyboard to delete it

reboot the computer

go to this link

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&productCode=LEXMARK_X5495&actp=PRODUCT&id=DR5568&segment=SUPPORT&userlocale=EN_US&locale=en

run the software on that page under download now

when it tells you to or after the installation is finished conect the printer to the computer

if possible use a different usb port

go to the printer in the printers and faxes folder right click on it and select properties

attempt to print a test page.