Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

i had my hard drive die and i installed a new one..My lexmark…

i had my hard drive...
i had my hard drive die and i installed a new one..My lexmark X5250 printer will not work.I am running windows vista.Do i need a special disk or something...
7/11/2010
Matt, Printer Support Specialist

Hi

Sorry to hear that.

Please download and install the driver below:

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&productCode=LEXMARK_X5250&actp=PRODUCT&id=DR8662&segment=DOWNLOAD&userlocale=EN_US&locale=en

Let me know how it goes.

Regards.

i have an error message line 2042

unspecafide error

code 0

res:/leframe.dll/

preview js

Do you get this error message when you try to install the driver?
the drive seemeed to install ok.i got the message whrn i tried to start the printer

Ok, do you get an error message like the one below:

"An error has occurred in the script on this Page" Line: 2042 Char: 1 Error Unspecified error Code 0 URL: res://DANGEROUS URL REMOVED, Do you want to continue running this script?"

yes

Please go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No addons), and check if the issue persists that way.

If you can, then navigate to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, and click on the 'Reset...' button present; in the dialog box that comes up, press 'Reset' once again, then restart IE normally and check if the issue persists now as well.

Keep me posted.

i cant find tools

Ok, please use the MS Fixit utility given in the link below to reset Internet Explorer automatically:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Let me know how it goes.

still no printer operating
i pressed the subscription botten by mistake.please cancel
i could not install the driver because it was not signed properly or not signed at all
are you still there?????????

Sorry for the delay. I was away from my computer.

I'll open up your question for the other Experts to offer their input on this issue as I'm running out of ideas.

o.k.
whats up?
good nigkt...
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Are you using 32 or 64bit windows vista?
If your not sure click on start then right click on computer and click properties it will say there.
32
Download this and save it to your desktop: Click Here
Then right click on the saved file and click on run as administrator (even if you are the administrator)
If the sigature box comes up there should be an option that says install anyway or continue anyway please click on that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

i got this message...spooler subsystem app has stopped working
also ltwvc13 dll needs to be installed
Ok unfortunately I am going to have to opt out and open this to all experts as well.
thanks for your time ..you were a big help.I am not very good at computers as youn can see.
has any one got an idea on how to fix this...Send m e a new disk or something..
we have tried 6 or seven differnt things and nothing helped.do i need a new printer
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
I would like to try to help you with your problem.

Unfortunately any problem that has had two or more Experts already try to fix it is somewhat unlikely to be solved... but I may be able to help, if you are willing to try again.

If only your hard disk was at fault (and not e.g. your CPU!) then having your hard drive software reloaded and finding the printer non-working after that, signifies that there is still some hope for the case - replacing your printer is not likely to be a needed option!

Still - let's see what we have: you get error messages, your print spooler isn't working also. Perhaps the error message was indeed with the print spooler and caused it to fail. Usually just rebooting the computer will restart it... but also do this:
Start - Control Panel - [click on "Classic View" at upper left, unless it doesn't show and says "Category View", in which case you're OK as you are...] double-click Administrative Tools - double-click Services, scroll down the alphabetical list, to Print Spooler, double-click on the gears icon, which will open the Properties sheet for Print Spooler.
One the General tab, if the status listed is 'stopped', then click Start button. Wait a little bit...
Click on the Recovery tab. Select 'Restart the Service' for First Failure, and for Second Failure too... and make sure Restart the Service is set for 1 minute. (You may also set the Subsequent Failures to Restart the Service... it may help, but if you find your computer is slowed down subsequently, esp. with multiple error messages, then you may want to set Subsequent Failure to 'Take No Action'.)

Now, that may not be all you need to do. Your drivers may - possibly - still be in a fouled-up state. So, please go carefully through the following, step-by-step, and make sure that you are reloading them properly.

The procedure you will need to follow goes like this:
First, get your computer into a 'naive' state with regard to your printer: disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from both power and computer. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.) Not connecting a printer to its computer too early, before the driver is installed, is important nowadays to many if not all printer installations... contrary to the usual rules of Plug 'N Play hardware installation procedure.

So: turn off, unplug, unplug your printer.
Go to your computer, to Control Panel, and remove all entries for your printer and its series in Printers, by clicking on each icon (or entry) and deleting.
Then go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and use Remove or Change/Remove or Uninstall to get rid of all programs specific to your printer.
Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again.
Then, go to
http://support.lexmark.com/index?locale=en&segment=SUPPORT&startover=y&use rlocale=EN_US&question=drivers+X5250&productCode=LEXMARK_X5250&page=answers&detectedProductFacet=CMS-CATEGORY_REF.LEXMARK.PRODUCTS.ALLINONE.LEXMARK_X5250&searchid=1279125261260#1
(-link should open if clicked on-)
click on the Downloads tab, click on Driver For Windows Vista (NOT 64-bit!), then click on the Download Now link and follow the download process, getting the driver onto your disk (in an easily locatable place, such as e.g. Desktop), and completing the download and then starting the driver installation program (it is a EXE so should start if you double-click on it) and following through the process... not plugging your printer back in until you are told to, or until after the process is fully finished.

(If at any time there's an error message - note it carefully, stop, and leave it so, getting back to me with the details... I will try to help you through any hurdles.)

If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer. (Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.) And, favorable feedback is appreciated.
(If this answer is still in any way inadequate, just ask for further details and I will try to get the right and complete answer to you.)
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech