Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

procedure for scanning to pc file on MP560

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
7/11/2010
Technician: tbwhite2040, Technician replied 8 years ago
tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician

Click on the link below and see if this will help you scan to file with your canon.

http://wikis.pepperdine.edu/display/ITHELP/Scanning+a+Document+into+an+Editable+Text+Format+Using+the+Canon+Copiers

the information you supplied applies to xp, I have vista

The instructions should be similar but here is another link that tells you how to scan a document to file for Vista

http://www.ehow.com/how_4916054_scan-document-vista.html

Your second answer did not work either. Apparently my version of Office 2007 does not include the Microsoft Document Imaging Product. Nothing I do leads me to believe it is there. I am not dissatisfied with your work but I am still unable to scan from a printed document to an editable file and by editable I mean text editing. If you can provide me with a procedure to accomplish this (where to download and what to download specifically) we can finish up. Regardless, I will accepty your answer and pay you for your efforts.

Thank you

Jim Bateman

Microsoft Document Imaging should be included with Office 2007. We just have to get it working right. Follow the steps below to install Microsoft Document Imaging onto your computer.

Close all Office applications.

Open the Start menu and type appwiz.cpl in the Run box. Hit the "Enter" key.

Click "Microsoft Office 2003" from the list of programs.

Click "Change > Add & Remove Programs > Continue".

Click "Microsoft Office Document Imaging > Run From My Computer".

Click "Continue". Document Imaging is now installed on your computer.

I have only the following Microsolft items on my program list

Net Framework 3.5 SP1

Net Framework 4 client Profile

Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies

Office Home and Student 2007

Office Outlook 2007

Silverlight

Visual C++ items

Still no document imaging

1. Close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the driver will not be installed properly.
2. Go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs".
3. Click on "Microsoft Office 2003" and then click on "Change".
4. Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next".
5. On the bottom of the page check "Choose advanced customization of applications." and click "Next".
6. Under Microsoft Office click on the + sign in front of "Office Tools"
7. Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Not Available".
8. Click on "Update". This will uninstall the MODI driver.
9. Repeat steps 1 to 6 to go back to the same location you were before.
10. Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Run from My Computer".
11. Click on "Update".

Item 2 in your list - Add or Remove Programs does not exist on my Control Panel

Item 3 in your list Microsoft Office 2003 does not exist in my Program List

The directions are for office 2003 but are the same for Office 2007. The Add or Remove programs is listed as Programs and Features and Office 2007 instead of Office 2003

when I select Office Home and Student 2007 and click on change I receive the following message: Please wait while setup prepares the necessary files.

I waited for 15 minutes. Nothing else happened.

You may have to put the Office Home and Student 2007 disc in the drive in order to pull the information from the disc, although it should already be on your computer
tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician

Thank you for your help. I am accepting your answer at this time so that you will get paid.

I may still not be able to get this to work. If not, then I will find another way.

Thank you

Jim Bateman

Let me know and I will continue troubleshooting the problem for you