Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I try to scan with my MP190 I get the following message…

When I try to scan...
When I try to scan with my MP190 I get the following message -
"Printer maintenance is in progress. Scan after it is completed. 114.0.0."
But nothing ever happens!
7/9/2010
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
hi,

try to reset the printer.
Turn off printer by pressing the power button
press the Resume button and press Power button.
Keep holding down Power button and release Resume button
Press Resume button 2 times then release BOTH buttons
Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.

check functionality and do feel free to ask in case of any queries.
Thanks - but you're dealing with a silver surfer!

Which is the "Resume" button?
the resume button would be the one with the red circle and triangle.
that is the button known as resume button.

Sorry! Still not getting anywhere. What next?
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
Check the ink levels of the printer. The printer software will inhibit all other functions if the ink level is low. You can try printing a page and selecting to ignore low ink level and it may let you scan.
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
Charles

Just got in and got your message. Both ink tanks are empty so that's probably it. Will replace them tomorrow.

Many thanks to you and Printercat.

Great, let us know if you need further assistance.