Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I get the message unable to clean see troubleshooting chapter The…

I get the message "unable...
I get the message "unable to clean see troubleshooting chapter"
The machine is a Brother MFC-425CN
7/8/2010
iMayne
iMayne, Technician
Hello.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

You will need to reset the purge counter:

1) Enter machine maintenance mode. Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.

FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).

Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).

2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine’s log information list (function code 80).

3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.

4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.

5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.

6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.

All the best.

iMayne

Edited by iMayne on 7/8/2010 at 11:49 AM EST
iMayne
iMayne, Technician

the information that I was given, but as I have just replaced all the four ink cartridges al I get from the printer is "near empty replace cartridge" on all colours, and cannot copy or print anything,

yours in anticipation,

Derek Jones

OK.

You can clear that error by holding the cancel or stop button as you power on the printer. Make sure that all inks are installed properly first though.

Let me know.
iMayne

HELLO iMAYNE,

I have tried your latest answer i.e. holding down the cancel or stop button and it did not work,

Derek Jones