Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Lexmark 6250 all-in-one printer,sends an error message when…

My Lexmark 6250 all-in-one printer,sends...
My Lexmark 6250 all-in-one printer,sends an error message when I want to align the ink cartridges. The message reads Paper Out. I load paper and press SELECT to continue. The printer continues to read Paper OUT. PLEASE HELP ME! Thanks,Customer
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/3/2010
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hello

Robert Preston :

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. If for some reason it does not follow these instructions:
(a) Unplug the printer
(b) Manually slide the carriage over until you can get the ink cartridges out.
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.

Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician

Take the paper out and examine the paper tray, there should be some sensor black paper detection flags hanging down, verify that they are not stuck. If the machine attempts to feed paper and no paper feeds then the issue may be that the paper feed rollers are dirty and need to be cleaned.