Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I acquire the drivers that you say will solve my pr…

Customer Question
How do I acquire the...
How do I acquire the drivers that you say will solve my problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/1/2010
Technician: D.Marino, Comptia A+ and Network+ certified replied 8 years ago
D.Marino
D.Marino, Comptia A+ and Network+ certified

Hi and Welcome to Just Answers. My name id Denise.

Hi Ria,

I need a little more info on this question please. I see this question is listed under printers but I need to know what kind of printer you need drivers for and what kind of computer (like dell, mac, toshiba or other) and operating system you are using (like windows xp vista, mac or other) please so I can guide you to the correct driver for your printer? The more info you give me the quicker I can help you. Thanks Denise

Edited by D.Marino on 7/1/2010 at 1:13 PM EST
Your earlier expert said that I needed to install drivers in my HP 5510 all-in-one printer to make the scanner work. He said that he needed to know what operating system I was using. I replied that I had a Windows XP (home edition) operating system. And then I asked I would aquire the needed drivers. I have not had a response to my question.

Hi Ria,

Sorry for the confusion. I am getting your question because it was relisted so I cannot see your conversation with the previous tech.

I will paste the link for your printer here and ask if you need help with this download?

If the link doesn't open for you to your exact model and driver download please let me know http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=311255

You need to expand the section that says drivers. The one I believe you need is choice number 2 as you will see three to choose from.

Go ahead and download and try your all in one printer. If this fixes your printer please hit accept if not simply shoot me a reply and I will help you further ok? I will stay online with you while you try it out. Thanks Denise

D.Marino
I have loaded all of the drivers ans executed them but still have the problem.

Hi Ria, Okay then can you please tell me what your original problem was? Like I said at the start I cannot see your original question or what advise the previous tech offered. I would like to help you with this so your HP 5510 all-in-one printer is up and running. I know the model number of the printer you gave me (thank you) and the windows xp info. But I don't know what the trouble was. I am still online and would love to help you with this. Also do you have your original disks for you printer? Thanks Denise

Edited by D.Marino on 7/1/2010 at 4:00 PM EST
I have followed all of your instructions and my scanner still does not work. When I hit the scan button, I still get the error message: "No Scan Options."
Okay now I think I understand what you need. Do you have the software that came with your printer? When you first installed it did the scanner ever work? or When you installed it was it plugged into the computer from the start of the install or did you wait till it asked you to plug it in? Sorry for all the questions but your answers help me fix it faster for you ok. Thanks
The scanner worked until recently. I waited until it ask me to plug it in.

Hi Ria,

The info you provided will help me help you. I know it's a pain to repeat things to a second tech but this system doesn't allow me to see any other tech's answers just the customers questions. So I hope I don't tell you to try something you have already done and it hasn't worked. If I do I am sorry but I can only tell you how I would fix this ok?

Now because you told me it was working and you did install it absolutely correct I would recommend (if you have the original disks that came with your printer) a simple uninstall and reinstall. At which point it should automatically search online for new updates and drivers. Do you know how to go to the control panel and uninstall it? If not or I ask you to try something you need help with you have to shoot me a reply and tell me or I will assume you know how to ok? If this doesn't work I have 2 others things to try.

Step 1.)

1. Click here to go to the HP Software Download Page .
  2. In the Enter a product number text box, type the product model name (for example, HP Photosmart C3180), and then click Submit or press Enter .
  3. Under Product search results , select the product model name from the list that appears on the computer.
  4. Select the operating system that is installed on the computer. The Select Software and Drivers page appears.
  5. If the Automatically check to see if you have the latest software and drivers link appears at the top of the page, click the link and then follow the on-screen instructions to check the software and driver version and update the software if necessary.If the Automatically check to see if you have the latest software and drivers link does not appear at the top of the page, continue with step 6.
  6. In the Driver section, review the list of available driver downloads, and then click the appropriate package.
  7. Click Download Only and then follow the on-screen instructions to download the software.
  8. To install the software, double-click the icon for the downloaded file and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
CAUTION:

Do not connect the USB cable until prompted to do so during software installation. HP recommends using a USB cable that is less than 3 m (10 feet) long.If any firewall messages appear during installation, click Unblock or Accept or the installation fails.If the User Account Control screen opens, click Allow to continue.

IF the first step works please stop there if not try the second step ok.

Step 2.) Go to the control panel and completely remove all your hp software listed in the add/remove section. and then try this tool provided from HP. It is usually used when you have lost your original disks and need to reinstall the software. But because your trouble has just started with the scanner it may simply mean the software you are using is outdated. (which is the way it comes when you buy it). A pain I know. Now log onto this site and let hp scan your computer to help you with the correct drivers and software needed to fix it. The old software should be gone at this point and the all in one should be plugged in so hp can find it. It is pretty simple and free.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html#Support Step 1 choose support & drivers then when the next page opens choose: Download drivers and software (and firmware) and then you will see a step 2 option open that says enter model number or choose automatically detect product. Please choose auto option and follow the prompts. It will take you through everything you need to install the latest drivers and software needed for your all in one.

Okay Ria one of these should get you up and running and if it doesn't please shoot me a reply and I will stay with you till it is working the way you wanted. Thanks again Denise.

Edited by D.Marino on 7/2/2010 at 9:19 AM EST