Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Good afternoon I have a MP610 printer and the error message…

Good afternoon I have a MP610...
Good afternoon
I have a MP610 printer and the error message is U052 telling me "type of print head is incorrect" I only switched the printer on and this message came up. It has been OK before. I hope it is nothing too serious. Please help

Anne Patterson
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/1/2010
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
NeOh :

Hi,welcome to justanswer

NeOh :

please follow the instructions in this link to fix the issue

NeOh :

try it and let me know

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

How can I acept this answer when I have to navigate away from this page and this may jeopodise your payment? Can you not give me a brief answer that may guide me to correcting my problem?

NeOh :

You can open that link in another window, or else click on the following link which will open it in another window

http://support-ph.canon-asia.com/contents/PH/EN/8000501903.html

NeOh :

i've given that link because its clearly explained there with the help of images

NeOh :

so that you can follow the step by step procedures

Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Hello Sir or Madam,

Welcome to JustAnswer Printers & Office. I will be happy to help you with your problem today.

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. If for some reason it does not follow these instructions:
(a) Unplug the printer
(b) Manually slide the carriage over until you can get the ink cartridges out.
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.

Thanks,
Robert Preston

Good try Rolbert but unfortunately the problem still exists. I have cleaned the printer head thoroughly until there is not ink at all coming out but I am still getting the fault message. What now??

Cheers, Anne

You will need to replace the printhead

You can purchase a new one here:

Click Here
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician