Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hi My name is Joe I have a Officejet G85 hooked up to my…

Customer Question
Hi My name is Joe...
Hi
My name is Joe
I have a Officejet G85 hooked up to my HP Pavillion a1650y running windows XP
the printer software has been updated ( I think) to run on XP but I am having trouble making it print. I keep getting error when I try to print can you help me?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/30/2010
Technician: Printer's Dr, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Printer's Dr
Printer's Dr, Engineer
Greetings,

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. Here I will try to assist you & solve your problem.

Please tell us what error you are getting while printing?
when I bring up the document window the message is just "error printing"
There must be some error number on the printer screen or computer. Please check that and let me know so that I can help you.

here is what I see http;//sz0078.ev.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/print message?id=1220

is that what you need?

Do you face this error only with comcast mail only? Are you able to print any other documents?
when I use microsoft office many documents will not print until I reset my computer and printer. if I switch to another printer Deskjet 712C the documents all print. Idont think Comcast is the issue I think the driver for the G85 is not working correctly.
Then lets try to reinstall the driver.

First of all uninstall the current driver. Follow these steps to uninstall from the program list in the Windows Control Panel.
  1. Click Start , and then click Control Panel .
  2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs . A list of programs installed on your computer opens.
  3. In the list of installed programs, find your HP product driver. The driver might not be listed by product model. Look for the product type, such as Officejet, PSC, or All-in-One.
    If your product does not appear in the list of installed programs, continue to the next method to uninstall the software.
  4. Click the driver, and then click Remove .
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
  6. When you finish deleting software, restart the computer
After restart download the new driver for your printer from the following link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=19543⟨=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=30374

And install it.

Hope this will be helpful

Thanks.

Edited by ahimsa2010 on 6/30/2010 at 5:58 AM EST