Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

my canon mp 530 printer does not respond Robert Preston

Customer Question
my canon mp 530 printer...
my canon mp 530 printer does not respond
Robert Preston gave me an answer but it did not work
so far I uninstalled the printer and disconected the pc-- after a while I booted up the computer and reinstalled the printer, but it still does not work
any other suggestions ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/30/2010
Technician: Adam Mohr, Computer Tech/System Admin replied 8 years ago
Adam Mohr
Adam Mohr, Computer Tech/System Admin
Hello There Customer!

My name is Adam and I'll be helping you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues using your printer. May I ask for some more information about the issue?
When you sent a job to the printer, does it print anything out at all - legible or not?
Or when you send a job to the printer, does it just sit there and do nothing?
Are there any flashing lights on the printer?
Do you get any error messages that pop up when you try to print?

Thanks!

Hi Adam

Sorry, it just got too late last night

last night the printer window said , printer is not responding

this morning I tried to print an e-mail again, it said , printer is off line check cabels and make sure the power is on, which I did.

then I tried to print or copy from the glass it acted like it prints but the sheet of paper was blank

No blinking lights or any thing unusual on the printer itself

any suggestions?

A couple of things you can try:
Switch which USB port the printer is plugged into.
Click Start >> Control Panel >> Printers and Faxes
Right click on the printer and cancel all jobs
Right click on the printer again and look for "Printer Offline"
If there is a checkmark next to offline, then click it and it should bring the printer online again.
P.S.

When was the last time you changed the ink cartridges? If you don't print often, they can dry up and cause issues as you described above - such as printing blank sheets of paper.

Hi Adam

this whole thing drives me cracy. I did what you told me it took me a while because I am not very computer savy

Now it prints some times. I tried to print a letter and only the blue words ,like the sender and receiver name was printed. then I printed something from the e-mail but it was from a PDF file and it worked ok . I also made a printer test and it came out ok. So the nozzels are not plugged up or dried out.

Tomorrow I will take the printer to my service provider in town (Buena Vista Colorado)and see if they can make it work better.

I changed my cartridges about 2 weeks ago and I print quiet often and like I said I also made a test print and it worked OK
Thanks for the information -

One last thing I forgot to ask - have you tried installing the printer with updated drivers from the manufacturers website?

Driver Site

It is possible that the drivers installed on your system have corrupted and even with a reinstall, may not have been repaired.

Try downloading an updated driver/software from the link above and let me know how it goes!

Thanks

Hi Adam

Like I told you before I did all the suggested moves to get my printer going

It seems it only prints the colored print.

But yet, when I did the testprint sheet all the colors were fine

As I told you before, I have to take the printer to a shop because and I understand, it is very hard sometimes to fix things long distance

Hello again,

Taking your printer to a shop does sound like the next logical step at this point. I am sorry that I wasn't able to assist you further!