Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Lexmark Z 715 printer. I have recently purchased a…

Customer Question
I have a Lexmark Z...
I have a Lexmark Z 715 printer. I have recently purchased a Dell computer with Windows 7 as the operating system. The disk that came with the printer loaded like it should (or at least appeared to). I just installed new ink cartridges in the printer. It was previosly connected to an older computer that had Windows XP as the operating system. But when I try to print something, I get a message that the printer and the computer are not communicating. Is this printer not compatible with Windows 7 or am I missing something in my setup? All cables are connected properly and I have tryed disconnecting them and restarting the computer and nothing is working. Please advise if there is something I can do to get this to work.
Thanks,
Woody Rarrick [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/30/2010
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

It is indeed compatible

Robert Preston :

You'll need to use the Vista driver from here though:

Robert Preston :

Click Here

Robert Preston :

So go ahead and uninstall it

Robert Preston :

Then install the Vista driver

Robert Preston :

and that should fix it

Customer:

What is a Vista driver? and where do I get one?

Robert Preston :

Click on the link above...

Robert Preston :

Where it says "Click Here"

Robert Preston :

and you can download it on that page...

Customer:

OK. I tryed that. I now cannot uninstall lexmark printer because I get a window that says something to the effect that the printer is in the middle of printing and cannot be uninstalled untill that task is completed. That of course is wrong because it cannot print because it cannot communicate with the computer. I tryed several different ways to get the computer to uninstall lexmark and none of them worked, and of course I cannot install the vista driver untill I can uninstall lexmark. What do I do now?

Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

Turn the printer off

Robert Preston :

Go to the Start Menu, type services.msc and press Enter

Robert Preston :

Scroll down to Print Spooler and double click on it

Robert Preston :

Click Stop then Start, then click OK

Robert Preston :

Now restart

Robert Preston :

Now delete the printer

Robert Preston :

And you can reinstall