Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hello! I cannot get my Epson WorkForce 600 to print from my…

Customer Question
Hello! I cannot get...
Hello! I cannot get my Epson WorkForce 600 to print from my PC. It prints from a laptop upstairs but just in the past 2 days, it won't communicate with the PC. I changed the ink as needed and cleaned the heads...but to no avail.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/30/2010
Technician: B_APPELL, Technician replied 8 years ago
B_APPELL
B_APPELL, Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you this evening with your printing issues

You mentioned it works from your laptop. Does it still work from your laptop?

Is it just your desktop that it is not working with?

How is the printer connected?
I tried sending the document iI wish to print to my laptop but cannot open the document on the laptop either. Until 2 days ago, I was able to print just fine from both, now it seems the PC isn't communicating at all with the printer
What version of windows are you running?

Also, are you connecting to this printer wirelessly, or do you have it directly connected to your PC with a wired connection?
Forgive my ignorance....Word is 2003 and yes, it is a wireless connection
On the printer itself, the On light. Can you tell me if it is:
1. Solidly lit up
2. Flashing
3. Off

Sorry it is Windows XP

Yes the ON light is steady

Is there currently any message that is displayed on the control panel of the printer
None at all
I know some of these questions may seem obvious, but just trying to get to the root of the issue.

I assume you can get to the internet with the computer?
Are any of the computers in the house able to currently print from the printer?
Yes I can get onto the internet. The laptop from upstairs can print
Please do this for me. on the machine that is not currently working, please go to your control panel and select printers. Please tell me what is listed in there? Do you see more than 1 or just your workforce 600?
A black check on the Workforce 600
Ok, if you right click on that and select properties, then click on print test page what does it do?
Doing NOTHING:(
If you double click on the printer and the from the Printer menu tell me if Use Printer Offline is selected or Not
Says Use Printer Online
Click on that and make sure there is no checkmark next to it

Tell me what happens after that.

You may need to try printing a test page again.
Still nothing it did go to Offline, then back to Online but no printing at all Just the window to Troubleshoot with VAIO:)
It sounds like something has changed within the printer settings.

Since you have one computer that is working and printing fine, here is what I would suggest you do.

1. Uninstall the printer from the computer that is not currently working
2. Reinstall the printer software and setup the printer exactly the same way it is setup for the machine that is working.
3. Print a test page to see if the printer is now communicating with the machine.

If one of the computers is working but the other isn't, it sounds to me that something changed in the setup of the one not working.

By reinstalling/setup this should resolve the issue.

If you are satisfied with this answer, please press the accept button so that I may get paid for my time. If for some reason this does not work, please post back here and I will continue to troubleshoot with you.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, please let me know, but I would suggest you still try what I have mentioned above.

Brian