Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

my printer hp 2600 does not print on print command

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/30/2010
Technician: tbwhite2040, Technician replied 8 years ago
tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician

Do you get any messages or errors on the printer or computer screen?

no nothing-=--i just want printer to print what ive written on computor screen---but it does nothing. the green button is on.

Click on Start and right-click on Computer and then click on Manage. This will open up your MMC Console. Then click on Services and Applications and then double-click Services. This will show the services running in the right pane. scroll down until your see Print Spooler and make sure it is Started and set to Automatic. Hit Apply and OK and close the boxes.

Next click on Start------Devices and Printers-------find your printer icon and right-click on it and make sure it is set as your default printer. Next click on Printer Preferences and open it up. Click on ports and make sure the USB001 box is checked. Click Apply and OK. Click on General and Print Test Page

thank you--printer now works

You are welcome