Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

trying to replace the pickup roller assembly on a brother intellifax…

trying to replace the pickup...
trying to replace the pickup roller assembly on a brother intellifax 2820. I can't remove the old one.
6/30/2010
Northwest Andrew
Northwest Andrew, Technician

I have located the service manual for this unit. Described are detailed instructions for this part replacement:

Brother Facsimile Equipment Service Manual - Fax 2800 Series.

I appreciate the opportunity to serve you. If you have found this information helpful then please click the "accept" button. Consider leaving feedback as well to insure our experts are providing quality information to our customers.

i found this same manual...but I can't find how to get the old part off. It is the "paper feed- cassette pickup roller assembly".....different from the feed roller. I have the bottom panel off and the left side panel off. One side of the roller has a bar through it and I can't get the bar out
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
To get the paper roller out you will need a small flat blade screw driver to release the bushings and slide them off the end of the shaft, this will allow the shaft to move enough to get the shaft out one end.
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician