Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

the model I have is C3100. I have tried many times to enlarge…

the model I have is...
the model I have is C3100. I have tried many times to enlarge a document and failed miserably.. is there a secret?? I would like an answer ASAP, preferably not tomorrow.. sorry to sound harassed, but I am.
6/29/2010
Robert M., Consultant

it may not be able to adjust the size while copying.

you can scan into the computer and then print in an enlarged size.

I am very disappointed to know that there isn't a way to enlarge copies with this machine. I will more than likely have to buy some thing else.

i did not make the machine. but it is designed as a printer / scanner the copying function is kind of an add on because it has both functions needed already. it does not have all the features a full fledged copier would have.

I do appreciate your help, although not useful... I am asking specifically about enlargement because several months ago, this machine did enlarge a document for me. so, I'm sure it can do it again and all I need are strict instructions.
I also have an HP J5780 and 940C. and neither one of these machines will enlarge.

ok it DOES have a way to do it. on the front panel there is a "size" button

it defaults to 100 % which is the same size as original you can set it for "resize to fit"

if you then copy a small document it will resize it to fit the larger page you copy to.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00694908.pdf

you have to put the original starting at the top right corner so it can tell how large it is. if you put it on the top left corner for example it will think it is a full sized sheet because it scans something at what it thinks is full 8.5" mark

it has instructions for button on page 8 ( for adobe including prefaces ) page 5 in the manual numbering system for the page

the j587 has much more sophisticated enlarge functions you can set it by percentage i believe

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00228103&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3301296#N1935

Edited by Robert on 6/29/2010 at 8:02 PM EST
Robert M., Consultant
There isn't a "size" button on the front of the C3180. unfortunately.. anyway, I will have to get a geek in here and help me with all the machines.
sorry about al the efforts you made, perhaps next time we'll manage a little better. thanks anyway.
thank you Robert, but our conversation is over.