Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon i560 is currently showing an error, and refusing to…

My Canon i560 is currently...
My Canon i560 is currently showing an error, and refusing to print. The orange light flashes 5 times, then green once, endlessly repeating. I have disconnected it, switched it off and on & reconnected - still the same. I have reseated all cables, still same problem.
Any ideas for what is wrong, please?
6/29/2010
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

The error code indicates an issue with the print head.

Turn off the printer.

remove the cartridges and then the print head.

with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol clean the golden contacts and then reseat the print head and cartridges back in.

Turn on the printer and check for functionality.

If above does not work we need to reset the printer.

To do so,Turn off printer by pressing the power button
press the Resume button and press Power button.
Keep holding down Power button and release Resume button
Press Resume button 2 times then release BOTH buttons
Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.

Test the functionality and do let me know in case you face any difficulty.

Tried all the above (raided the pantry for gin - no vodka) but still got the 5x orange blinks. Never got the solid green lights.

(Out of interest, cleaned gold contacts, but no evidence of any grot there. Very dirty around the inky bit at end and bottom - which I cleaned - but nothing elsewhere.)

Any other ideas?!

In case the above steps did not make any difference to the issue then its a problem with the printhead itself and would require service.

I would suggest you to get the same done through an authorised service engineer.

You can refer to the below link that has the contact details wherein you can contact and take a quote for the service.

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/services_locator/index.aspx

Please accept to reward my time, if not satisfied please post back instead of marking negative.

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician

You can purchase a new printhead for the i560 from here:

Click Here

Then simply remove the old one and put the new one in and you will be good to go.