Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My trusty HP Laserjet5P was printing a download and half way…

Customer Question
My trusty HP Laserjet5P was...
My trusty HP Laserjet5P was printing a download and half way through the last page came half way out and the printer stopped running. I gently pulled it out the rest of the way. I then opened the cartridge compartment and there was a piece of paper under the printer cartridge. I removed that. Since this happened, the printer will not pull a piece of paper through the printer. The printer makes all the appropriate noises but does not produce the paper and then all the lights on the side-bar go on. When I turn the printer off, it cycles back to one green light, but pusing on the blue button leads to all the appropriate noises and no print out.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/29/2010
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

It seems there is some debris left in the printer please try to blow air and clean the inside of the printer and check the issue and let me know.
I used a whole can of air, took the paper tray out, turned the printer upside down and there is no paper stuck any where I can see, but trying to print gets noises, no paper pulled through and then all the lights in the side bar go on..
Technician: Copier/PrinterGuy, Sales Manager replied 8 years ago
Copier/PrinterGuy
Copier/PrinterGuy, Sales Manager

Hello. Let me see if I can assist you today.

It sounds like the machine could have gotten overheated

OR

The drum / fusing unit could have gone bad.

The HP 5P is a wonderful printer that was launched in March of 1995. If you run much volume on it, it may be more feasible to buy a new one versus putting the money into fixing it.

If the machine printer simply overheated let it cool off for an hour or so then try to resume printing. On large jobs, you may experience this again.