Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Epson Stylus Photo RX620 Series Printer/Copier/Scanner.

Customer Question
My magenta ink ran out...
I have a Epson Stylus Photo RX620 Series Printer/Copier/Scanner. My magenta ink ran out before I got the new cartridge bought. Today when I put the new one in I keep getting the printer error occurred. Please see documentation. I have installed the new one and reinstalled it, I have shut off the printer numerous times, I have reinstalled all the cartridges, I have deleted any printing jobs in Queqe. What is the problem. There was no paper jams or any other thing happening other than the ink ran out.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/28/2010
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

sounds like a defective cartridge or the wrong type. or perhaps you didnt take all of the packing material off especially look for the tape that covers it to prevent spillage during shipping

I checked all of the other cartridges and the clear seal that is over the holes are on all of them. The number is XXXXX correct factory number and there is ink at the holes.

unplug it from the computer and plug it into a different usb port

can u print a test page directly from the printer? make sure the cartridges are all securely in place and all in the correct slots

None of those steps did anything so I lost my composure a bit, took all the cartridges out again, slid the carriage all the way to the left, put the cartridges back in and then shut the top of the cartridge carrrier three different times and then finally heard it click. It now works so as a heads up to you, that might be another solution should anyone else have this problem. I apologize for not responding faster but had a meeting to go tol

well i would consider " make sure the cartridges are all securely in place " to mean the locking bar on top is securely locked down.

sorry if i was not more specific.