Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon MP 600. I get the error Paper output slot. Paper is…

Customer Question
Canon MP 600. I get...
Canon MP 600. I get the error:
"Paper output slot. Paper is jammed."
There is no jam.
What can I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hello

Robert Preston :

If the error is still there, then there's something in the machine still you aren't seeing.

Unplug it completely from all cables

Lift it up, turn it upside down and shake it a bit to see if anything comes loose.

Check the rear access and front access using a flashlight to look for any tiny paper scraps or anything else that could be hard to see.

Try forcing a very thick piece of paper into the rollers to see if it dislodges anything.

Finally try using a dampened lint free cloth to clean the rollers in the printer.

See if that works...

Customer:

I have done all of that. I can not believe this is the answer. I have done all of that. I see no jam.

Robert Preston :

Have you tried unplugging it for 15 minutes or so?

Robert Preston :

If that does not work then most likely there is hardware damage to the printer. Probably a roller damaged or loose.

Customer:

No. If I do that, will you be available for my reply in 15 min?

Robert Preston :

Yes

Customer:

I will reply in 15 min.

Robert Preston :

Ok

Customer:

Did not work.

Customer:

You said you would be there in 15 min. You left in 2 min.

Robert Preston :

Then it's a hardware problem and the printer would have to be serviced to fix it.

Robert Preston :

I am still here.

Customer:

You're back.

Customer:

Thank you.

Robert Preston :

Sorry, it says we leave but we get notifications instantly when someone responds.

Robert Preston :

So we can come right back.

Customer:

OK

Customer:

However, I will not be charged for this, correct?

Robert Preston :

But yes, that would indicate there is hardware damage. Usually this happens when a jam is removed and something is dislodged or damaged. Or it could happen through pure bad luck. Hard to say, but the fact it won't reset and there is nothing jammed would indicate this.

Robert Preston :

Well you asked a question and I took you through the steps and gave you an answer.

Robert Preston :

So reasonably, since I only get paid based off of accepted answers that would be a reasonable expectation.

Robert Preston :

But it's your choice.

Customer:

Online I saw more detailed answers, with suggestions on resetting. Turning off and on is quite basic. There are sensors, I understand.

Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

The reboot for the Mp600 is unplugging

Robert Preston :

Any other reset is for resetting counters

Customer:

Then, since that is definitely not worth $18, I guess I will not "accept answer". Hope you can understand my logic there.

Robert Preston :

Ok, well you asked a question and I gave you the answer. Have a good day and glad I could help you out.