Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

got last week a mfc8460n and it tells me now that cover is…

Customer Question
got last week a mfc8460n...
got last week a mfc8460n and it tells me now that cover is open, i tried everything with removing paper closing and opening in the back, front, nothing is happening i gave you my cc and waiting 15minutes, i can't wait any more please dont use my cc
since you say your reply 24/7
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/29/2010
Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp pro replied 8 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Hi

Let me know if you still need help

i dont see any help coming from you
Hi

Do you want me to help ... or do you need refund of your deposit ?

yes please
Hi

Ok, I have requested a refund as per your request.

Thanks
i need help now
Hi

- How and when did this problem begun. Was there a paper jam or did you replace the ink cartridge.

- When did you buy this printer and since when are you facing this issue. How often do you use printer.

paper jam

Hi

This can happen only if the the tray / door sensor in the printer is malfunctioning or has dirt over it. You need to open all the trays / doors and remove the paper trays (if any) and clean it with compressed air and also clean the printer internally and see result.

Try to do this too :
Remove all ink cartridges. Turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times.
Then put it in right position, turn it on and see if you find some change
Open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust.

If problem persists you will need to get the printer repaired to replace the sensor. If in warranty send it to Brother or else take it to a local repair store.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

didn't work it still gives me the same answer
Hi