Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I purchased an Epson Stylus NX410 Series from Staples on March…

Customer Question
I purchased an Epson Stylus...
I purchased an Epson Stylus NX410 Series from Staples on March 3/10 and included the replacement plan. A new ink cartridge has been installed as requested. The copy part of the printer is working perfectly. however when I try to print from a file in the computer there are gaps all the way down in the print out. I have tried various things without success. My name isXXXXX Bay, Ont. e-mail:[email protected]
Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/28/2010
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hello

Robert Preston :

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. If for some reason it does not follow these instructions:
(a) Unplug the printer
(b) Manually slide the carriage over until you can get the ink cartridges out.
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.

Customer:

Thankyou! If the copy part of the printer works without a problem. How can it be 1 - 6?

Robert Preston :

It's hard to say, but it's also hard to imagine how it would happen if it's not that.

Robert Preston :

Have you tried uninstalling the printer, restartign the computer and then reinstalling it?

Robert Preston :

If not, try that first.

Customer:

Yes, I have done all that ..... twice. I have never given my credit card number over the internet

Customer:

before. Epson didn't give me the opportunity to use PayPal

Robert Preston :

Ok then try the print head cleaning

Customer:

OK - I did 1-6 and it still hasn't printed properly. I am thoroughly frustrated! Should I go back and get a replacement from Staples? I have to go out in about 20 mins. for the rest of the afternoon.

Robert Preston :

If it's within the return period then yes, sounds like a hardware issue.

Robert Preston :

If they won't do it, Epson will replace it under the one year warranty.

Customer:

OK - did 1-6 and printed something with same result. I am thoroughly frustrated. Should I goback to Staples and get a replacement? I have to go out in 20 mins. for the rest of the afternoon.

Robert Preston :

Customer:

I did not accept your answer because it did not solve my problem. I have returned the printer to Staples and purchased another one from a different manufacturer.

Robert Preston :

Well I told you the answer to the problem, the fact that it was within the return period is moot.

Robert Preston :

It was a print head problem...

Robert Preston :

But it's ok

Robert Preston :

Glad it's working now.

Robert Preston :

Have a good day.