Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have downloaded the driver and my printer is working but…

Customer Question
I have downloaded the driver...
I have downloaded the driver and my printer is working but I can't find the screen to be able to scan and copy. Is there a different download for that? When I was downloading the driver, it kept telling me that there was something missing for Photosmart Essentials and wouldn't let me complete the download. I finally eliminated that and was able to complete the download to get my printer working but now I can't see how to scan or copy. Please help me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2010
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

What version of Windows do you have?

Robert Preston :

The program for scanning is HP solution center

Robert Preston :

And should have been included in the download

Robert Preston :

If you downloaded the Full Software Package

Customer:

Windows XP Pro version 5.1. I only downloaded what you sent me which was the HP C4480 driver.

Customer:

You have a famous name. Robert Preston, one of my favorite movie and stage stars!

Robert Preston :

Haha yes I do :)

Robert Preston :

If you look at the HP programs in the start menu, do you see HP Solution Center?

Customer:

I did a search for HP Solution Center and got an error messae saying "No HP devices detected...."

Robert Preston :

Ok so the program is there though?

Technician: Copier/PrinterGuy, Sales Manager replied 8 years ago
Copier/PrinterGuy
Copier/PrinterGuy, Sales Manager

Hello, I will be happy to assist you..

The Program is not there.
So what's the story here? I'm waiting a long time?! Please send me a download for HP Solutions so I can fax and copy. I'm stuck working at home while I recuperate from surgery and I need to be able to use my HP scanner and copier.
Technician: Ed, Technician replied 8 years ago
Ed
Ed, Technician
Should I remove the printer driver before I download and install what you've sent me?

You don't have to it will overwrite it.

I installed the download you sent me and got a "fatal error." I was not ab le My former secretary came to my office and found the "lost" original disk which is now loaded and working fine. Do I need to update?