Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am asking about my photosmart printer that a purchased in…

Customer Question
I am asking about my...
I am asking about my photosmart printer that a purchased in 2007. It does not recognize the magenta ink and has stopped printing Is it an easy fix or must I buy a new printer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/28/2010
Technician: tbwhite2040, Technician replied 8 years ago
tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician

What is the model number of your printer and what operating system are you using on your computer?

My printer is Photo smart c6100 series

Unplug the power and the USB cable from your printer. Uninstall the printer by going to the control panel and clicking on Programs and Features and finding your printer. Once you have your printer uninstalled, reseat all cartridges and plug the power cable back into the printer. Turn the printer on and with your computer's desktop showing, plug the USB cable back into the printer. Let the computer find the printer and install it automatically. See if it will work properly now.

If you still are having the same problem, you will need the printer repaired or replaced