Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Taking cover off ip90v, to clean the ink waste absorber h…

Customer Question
Taking cover off ip90v, to...
Taking cover off ip90v, to clean the ink waste absorber
help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/27/2010
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

You can not change the absorber in home as to do that you have to dismantle the printer so please follow the steps below to reset the printer and let me know if it helps or not....

1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)

2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)

3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.

4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)

5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)

6) Power off then back on and test.

Source:http://www.polyphoto.com/tutorials/PrintHeadCleaning/CanonCleaningAndReset.html
Yes you can change it at home as I read the original techs post, walking a person through it.

This is why I signed up originally with him
Sorry we are canon support I think there is some confusion if you still want to work with us please let me know...
Canon ip90v ink waste absorber: (manual) - I just want to get the ip90v cover off, can you assist. I can follow instructions after taking cover off.
See Below:
All the Canons I've taken apart then have four screws that hold the entire printer mechanism on the plastic base. Some models do have a power supply module that slides out of the rear of the case, remove this first. -Only- remove the four screws holding the printer mechanism onto the lower case. Some models may have more screws, but becareful not to remove any other screws! It just lifts off. Set it up on a couple of boxes or chunks of wood under the tabs so the mechanism is reasonably level.

Now is a good time to take it outside and use dry canned air to blow out the paper dust in the back of the printer. Do -not-, repeat NOT use an air compressor! It is too much pressure, and air from a compressor or air tank is full of moisture and oil. And stay away, AWAY from the print head and the park pad and cleaning pump under it. Stay away from the paper path under the print head groove. If you don't, you can end up blowing ink sludge around the printer or blow air into the heads or inadvertently create a suction that pulls ink out the heads and blows it around the printer.

If you aren't wearing rubber gloves by this point, put them on now. The waste ink pad can hold an -incredible- amount of ink, partially dried so it is a lot more color than it looks. Do -not- do this in your bathroom sink! If your porcelain is worn at all or has any invisible mineral deposits, the ink can permanently stain it. Open a couple of windows and set up a fan as you'll be working with ammonia and alcohol. I know from experience that the fumes can sneak up on you.

Mix up a liter of cleaning solution in a clearly labeled, resealable container:

1 part nonsudsing household ammonia (clear, no perfumes)
4 parts 50% Isopropyl Alcohol (aka Isopropanol) (clear, no perfumes)
5 parts filtered or distilled water (-not- purified)
Take the waste ink pads out and lay them down on some newspapers by the sink. Chances are, it is no more than 50% color, as the waste ink warning is conservative so you don't end up with ink running out on your table.

Take the bottom printer case and run hot water over it to wash the ink out. You don't need to get it like new, just get the big blobs of goopy ink out. Pour some of the cleaning mixture in to help break it up. Dry it out with an old towel or paper towels and set it aside to dry.

Set the waste ink pads in the sink. Pour some of the cleaning mixture into them to dissolve the ink, then gently run hot water through to rinse it out. It will never look clean, don't try, just get it so there is little ink left in the wash water. It is a rather fragile felt-like substance so if you try too hard, you can end up destroying it.

Squeeze out as much water as you can. Do -not- twist it like a towel! You'll have to let it dry for several days.
Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator