Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP Officejet 7130 all in one and keep getting an error…

Customer Question
I have a HP Officejet...
I have a HP Officejet 7130 all in one and keep getting an error message "Scanner failreu - turn power off and on again" on the printer screen" - I have checked scanner connection cable, bulb - all working okay - but still get error message every time I turn on printer - as a result unable to copy or fax anything - since I dont use scanner functionality is there any way to just uninstall it so I no longer get failure message or do I need scanner to complete those functions? - pls advise - wits end - Miriam
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/27/2010
Technician: NeOh, Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer
Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

Please follow the instructions in this link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00787271&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=91466

I'm giving this link because it's clearly explained there. Please let me know once you try it

I have tried these steps already - did not work - question remains - can I uninstall scanner - do I need it to copy and fax? - M
I think the scanner bulb is not heating which causes this issue.

1. Verify that the scanner bulb is lit. If the scanner bulb will not light up, the all-in-one must be serviced.

2. Unplug the power cord and then plug it in again. If the error comes back, remove the power cord from any power strip and plug it directly into a wall power outlet. The power strip may not be supplying enough power to the product.

3. Perform a partial reset using the following steps:

Unplug the power cord from the all-in-one.

Press and hold the button combination for your all-in-one model that is listed in the table below. If your all-in-one model is not listed in the table, contact HP for assistance.

While still holding the buttons down, plug the power cord back in. Release the buttons after the all-in-one begins to initialize.

Try this and let me know
I will try the above steps again - if it does not work will let you know - if it does I will accept answer - M
OK. try it and let me know
Tried the above steps which I already had tried after printing them from hp support site - did not work again - it does not look like you can help withi this one - as you have not given me any instructions that I did not have already - - - will not accept answer - do not want to be charged for this - Miriam

As a final step, please download this utility and do a troubleshooting for the device

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=pv-25052-2&dlc=en&lang=en
I have already responded to say that your response was not helpful - all that information I had already downloaded from HP site - and so the problem remains unresolved - I should not be charged for a response that was not helpful in finding resolution to the problem - I appreciate your efforts - Miriam
Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
The inside of your scanner needs to be cleaned. The dust blocks some of the light and causes a scanner failure code because not enough light gets to the CCD unit. You can remove the glass and clean it yourself with a soft lint free cloth or you can take it to be serviced. There are four screws that hold the glass in and one is hidden under the front panel.