Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

cx6400

Customer Question
cx6400
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you
I have 2 cpu, one is Windows xp, the other one is Vista. Thank you.
Is any other question ?
Technician: sandy, Engineer replied 8 years ago
sandy
sandy, Engineer

Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

Since you are not using it for a long time, please take out the cartridges and clean them. If still it does not print, red or yellow, please try to change your print cartridges.

If get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.

yes I changed 4 cartridges of my cx6400 printer, but only black and green can be prited

,but not for red and yellow. Please tell me the soltion.

Follow these instructions to perform a head cleaning:

1. Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing, and all the red ink lights are off. (If an ink light is flashing or on, you need to replace a cartridge.)

2. Right-click the printer icon on your taskbar (in the lower right corner of your screen). Select Head Cleaning.

3. Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the print head. Cleaning takes about 45 seconds, during which the printer makes noise and the green power light and red ink lights flash.

4. When the green power light and red ink lights stop flashing, make sure paper is loaded in the printer and click Print nozzle check pattern. Then click Print.

5. If the nozzle check pattern has no gaps or lines, click Finish. If the pattern has white lines, click Clean to clean the print head again. If you don't see any improvement after cleaning three or four times, check the solutions beginning on page 68 of your manual. You can also turn the printer off and wait overnight-this allows any dried ink to soften-and then try cleaning the print head again.

Thank for your E-Mail of 28 June 2010.

I have tryed many times according to your instructions, but it was not

be able to soulve the problems.

Since I have not used this Epsonstylus cx6400 printer for some years,

therfore , I can not find manual any more.

It would be appreciated if you can E-Mail to me of page 68 of that manual,

so that I may try do it again,. Thank you again.

Please use the link given below to download the manual.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Doc&oid=25723&prodoid=36478885&category=Products

If get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work