Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I got a docucolor 252 installed late yesterday. It will now…

Customer Question
I got a docucolor 252...
I got a docucolor 252 installed late yesterday. It will now print text, but any and all graphics come out blurry. Any ideas?????
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/26/2010
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

It might be the driver type

Robert Preston :

Do you know what driver was installed for use?

Customer:

not sure, can you tell me where to look

Customer:

actually the company that installed the driver did this remotely and it did originally print fine

Robert Preston :

Ok so when did it start printing incorrectly?

Customer:

Got the machine on friday late in the day. it was printing fine that night. Got up Sat. morning and it was printing everything with a misaligned shadow behind. Yesterday afternoon I put something on the glass and tried printing from there and it did the same thing - so I know it is the machine and not the interface with my computer or the drivers.

Robert Preston :

Yeah, that sounds like an issue with the imaging drum

Robert Preston :

Or a leaking toner cartridge

Robert Preston :

So try taking out the toner, cleaning it and hsaking it up

Robert Preston :

Then clean the drum as well

Robert Preston :

If it continues you probably need to replace the drum

Customer:

I actually had to call a tech in today. The registration was off and had to be recalibrated.

Robert Preston :

Ok