Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP Photosmart C7100 printer has a message Ink System has…

My HP Photosmart C7100 printer...
My HP Photosmart C7100 printer has a message "Ink System has failed. Error 0xc18a0101" What do I do to correct this?
6/26/2010
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

hi,

please try the below steps:

turn on the printer.

remove the cartridges.

wait for the insert cartridges message to appear

on ec you recieve the message turn off th printer.

after about a minute turn the printer back on. insert the cartridges.

then try printing a test page.

do let me know in case this does not work so that i can provide further help.

hi,

please try the below steps:

turn on the printer.

remove the cartridges.

once you recieve the message unplug the power cord from wall socket or back of printer

then try printing a test page.

Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Hello

What is the exact model number of your printer ?

Is it C7180 ... etc ?

The model number is XXXXX All-in-one
Hi

Please do this and let me know

Steps:
1. Unplug the printer and wait 30 seconds for power to discharge.
2. Plug in the printer.
3. Hold the CANCEL and OK buttons simultaneously, and keep them depressed while you hit the ON button. This resets the printer.
Then
1.
A. - Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.

Screen should say "support" R0631M

2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.

3. Press and release the “OK” button.

4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,

5. Press and release the “OK” button.

6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.

7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.

8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears.

9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.

10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer

11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.

Now it will make some noise. Then see result.

Let me know

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

I did steps 1-11. The message still says Ink System Failure. It did not say "Use Power Button to Shutdown when I turned the unit on. I never saw "One time ink initialization process"
Hi

Please do this and let me know.
Please remove all cartridges and print head. Using a moist cloth clean the golden contacts on Print head as well as printer. DO NOT touch nozzle of cartridge. Dont insert the cartridge yet.

Please do this :
1. Remove the power cable from printer. Remove the USB cable that connects printer to computer (remove it from printer as well as computer's usb port)
2. Press the printer power button and keep pressed for 3 minutes then release
3. Now plug in the power cable and usb cable (connect printer to computer) and power on the printer.

Then plug in the Print head and cartridges.

If error persists, repeat the 11 steps now ... and Let me know result

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Andy, Elec & Comp pro