Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Jhonilynn.My Deskjet D4100 HP Will not print an entire E mail…

Customer Question
Jhonilynn.My Deskjet D4100 HP Will...
Jhonilynn.My Deskjet D4100 HP Will not print an entire E mail incoming print.The printer starts printing 7/8" from the left edge of the 8X11 piece of paper.It then prints 5" of information (an E reservation).Then stops ,returns to left side of paper and repeats the print.The print is a very small size.Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Carl [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/25/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you
Windows XP
Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the HP printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 scroll down, and click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any HP printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer.

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=501857 <--- click here

And click the "Install now" OR "Download only>>" button. When the download is over please run the file

Select OPEN or RUN if prompted

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer

9- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

The monitor displayed information is 7/3/16'.The printer will print only five " of this information.This is true for my four E reservation page.Everything else printed is fully printed.Could the problem be in Microsoft software?

To John Capucci From Carl Hughey

Yes, it could be the microsoft software or the printer driver.

Did you try my previous solution ? (uninstall and reinstall the printer driver ? )

Thank you

John Cappucci

Yes,I have done everything you suggested.While professing a very limited knowledge regarding computers,I have properly done that which you had me do.Smething happened while I was eating my lunch.My monitor displayed that read trialworks blog.If I have properly followed instructions ,none of that seems to work.

Reads as though it should,doesnt it. regars

I am sorry but I am out of ideas. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

Thank you

The trouble seems to be software.Some how a Trial Blog poped up.Trialworks management software.Dated friday December 15.2006.It did not work for me .I believe the problem is me.Monday I suppose I will contiue my search.Regards

[email protected]

Yes, good luck!
It Seems as though this problem is related to receiving E reservations.All other incoming E mail prints as it should.I have sent you notice of something I received onmy printer.It is named trialworks blog.It seems to be as close to fixing the problem as anything I have.

Thank you for your reply
Thanks for your effort after thinking it over i do not have E hotel reservations very often.Carl

You are very welcome!
Do I understand the sublimetion of just answer.I still have my probkem.You still have not sent to me a correct solution.If you fill I should pay,then come right out and say so.If you do not wishme to pay then do not send me anything else .I am sure you are getting frustratted,I am also.

You will receive an email when another expert has the answer. You don't have to pay if we don't solve the issue.

Thank you

John Cappucci