Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

i have a dcp-110C its not printing, unable to print i try…

Customer Question
i have a dcp-110C its...
i have a dcp-110C its not printing, unable to print i try everything.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 8 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
What exactly is it doing when you try to print?
If you get an error message what is the exact error message you get?
the lcd say unable to print. i check for paper , no paper , i open it up , no paper jam, i turn it off, when it come back on it say 100% normal, than it goes back to saying unable to print.

1. Check for foreign objects, such as a paper clip or scrap of paper, inside the machine.
    Disconnect the machine from the power outlet and open the scanner cover by pulling up on the lower right corner of the cover. Look inside the machine and remove any foreign objects. If you see jammed paper or another item inside this area, gently pull it out and then close the scanner cover securely.

2. If the error continues to appear, move the print head and examine under the print head.

NOTE : The images shown below are from the representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.

2-1.Disconnect the Brother machine from the poweroutlet.
2-2.Open the scanner cover by pulling up on the lower right corner of the cover.

2-3.Check the print head’s position.
In the example photo the print head is positioned at the left hand side of the platen area.

2-4.Gently move the print head to the center.

Caution

Be careful to not force the print head to move.

If the print head is positioned at the far right hand side, you cannot moveit. Please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us".

2-5.Examine under the print head. If anything is found, remove it.

Hint

Use a flashlight if necessary to check thoroughly.

2-6.Close the cover and reconnect the machine to the power outlet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

do you have another anwers on the problem
If you do all that and it does not work unfortunately it means that the print head fails and needs to be replaced. The print head is the part of the machine that the ink cartridges are inserted into.

the print head is position to the far right hand side,i examine the insides found nothing now i am lost. i do not accept answer
Ok I will opt out and open this to all experts for you good luck
what is your answer to the problem is that 's it .