Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I open properties on the IPF9000 the general tab shows…

Customer Question
When I open properties on...
When I open properties on the IPF9000 the general tab shows a limited printing area of only 8.5"x11". I've tried choosing a custom size under printing preferences applied the changes, but when I start to print it only prints 8.5"x11". Please advise.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/25/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you
The primery computer has windows XP, and the second has vista and as far as I know this driver is comparable with either operating system. (the 60" printer is in my ofice, unable to conect).
Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the Canon printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 scroll down, and click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any Canon printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer.

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=360&modelid=14009

Click "Devices & Downloads" then "Select OS" then "Windows XP"

Click "iPF9000-Drv-Win-350-2.exe" to download and install it.

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer

9- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Hello and good afternoon! Smile

Have you tried my solution ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
I'm unable to get to my printer and plug it in, but as soon as I'm able to I will may be late this afternoon. As to the instructions you gave me I was able to download the driver but the link you provided for microsoft cleaning tool has been removed. I deleted any canon files I could see from the add/remove program.

a- I'm asuming you will tell me how to set up the new driver I downloaded (can't find the set up file).

b-Is it possible we can get it to install correctly w/out this microsoft tool?

I hope as I'm sure you do resolve this issue soon, Thank you.

Yes, Microsoft has removed the tool. But don't worry, please follow the steps below:

1- Click here -----> http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=360&modelid=14009

2- Click "Devices & Downloads" then "Select OS" then "Windows XP"

3- Click "iPF9000-Drv-Win-350-2.exe" to download and install it.

4- Click RUN when prompted. The install will start.

5- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART)

6- Try to print

7- If no luck please plug the printer into another available USB port in your computer

8- Try to print

Thank you

John Cappucci

Can you be on line tomorrow between 10:00am and 2:00pm Eastern time, so we can do some troublesooting. So we can solve this. Let me know, thank you.
Yes, see you tomorrow.

But, have you tried my previous solution ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
Hi John,
I follow the steps then proceeded to print but got the same result as before (8.5"x11.0" was the largest I could print).

Please advise.
Enner.

I am sorry but I am out of ideas. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

Thank you
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Hi - what program are you trying to print a larger size of produced printed image, from? it could be important to your problem.

Also, are you trying to print any particular size of 'larger than standard' (e.g. legal or A4), or just generally larger (i.e., a 'custom' size) ?

- Additionally, if you happen to be trying to print from Photoshop, the answer is, that you can get larger sizes of print by changing certain control settings in Photoshop, in a case like this... so let me know if so (and what version of Photoshop you have).