Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

MY DELL COMPUTER WINDOWS XP CRASHED AND I HAD TO REPLACE THE…

Customer Question
MY DELL COMPUTER WINDOWS XP...
MY DELL COMPUTER WINDOWS XP CRASHED AND I HAD TO REPLACE THE HARD
DRIVE. THIS NEW HARD DRIVE NEEDS A NEW SOFT WARE CONNECTION WITH THE
HP PHOTOSMART C6180. THERE IS A USB CONNECTING WIRE BETWEEN THE COMPUTER AND THE PHOTOSMART C6180.
CAN YOU HELP ME TO GET THE SOFTWARE INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER SO THAT WHEN I PRESS THE PRINTER BUTTON ON MY COMPUTER, THE PRINTER WILL PRINT OUT WHAT IS DISPLAYED ON MY COMPUTER SCREEN.
I HAVE THE CD THAT CAME WITH THE PRINTER. THIS WAS USED WHEN MY PRINTER WAS FIRST CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER SEVERAL YEARS AGO. I HAVE JUST FORGOTTEN HOW TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE IN THE COMPUTER SO IT WILL TRANSFER THE IMAGE TO THE PRINTER.
CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME INSTRUCTIONS?
DENNIS MANSFIELD -TALLAHASSEE FL.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/25/2010
Technician: Deependra, Technician replied 8 years ago
Deependra
Deependra, Technician

Thankyou for choosing Just Answer.

Please disconnect the USB cable from the computer and the printer.
Insert the HP All-in-One Windows CD..(If the startup screen does not appear, doubleclick My Computer ,double-click the CDROM icon with the HP logo, and then double-click setup.exe.
Follow the onscreen instructions to install the software.
On the Connection Type screen, make sure to select "directly to this computer" . Continue to the next page.
Follow the onscreen instructions until you see the prompt to connect the USB cable. (This may take several minutes.)
Once the prompt appears, connect the USB cable to the port on the back of the
HP All-in-One, and then to any USB port on your computer.
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the software installation.

Please don't forget to click on the green ACCEPT button if this Answer resolves the issue, that is how I will be paid for my time and work.

Technician: Tom K, Asst. Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Tom K
Tom K, Asst. Information Systems Manager

The drivers for your printer can be downloaded and installed from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-41971-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&product=1153494&sw_lang=

Click on the blue Download button from that link and then click on Run. After it has downloaded the installer should automatically run and follow the prompts to install the printers driver.

This should install the driver and you'll be able to print from the printer.

WHEN I INSERTED THE USB CABLE CONNECTIONS, THERE WAS NO REQUEST TO PROCEED WITH "NEXT" . INSTEAD, THE "BACK" BUTTON WAS HIGHLIGHTED.
WHEN I PRESSED THE "BACK" BUTTON, IT SIMPLY WENT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS PAGE. IN OTHER WORDS, THE PROGRAM DID NOT PROCEED AFTER THE CABLE WAS INSERTED INTO BOTH THE COMPUTER AND THE PRINTER . I AM SURE THE USB
CABLE WAS INSERTED PROPERLY. HOW DO I GET THE PROCEDURE TO CONTINUE
AFTER INSERTING THE CABLE?
All you need to do is download the drivers from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-41971-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&product=1153494&sw_lang=

After installing the drivers you just need to plug in the printer and you should be able to print from it when selecting to print from a program.