Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother 790cw all in one fax/printer. Last night we…

Customer Question
I have a Brother 790cw...
I have a Brother 790cw all in one fax/printer. Last night we had a brown out and the unit will not power up anymore. I suspect that it probobly blew the fuse? I tried looking for a compartment that would house a fuse and the only thing I could find is an aluminum plate on the bottom with one screw. I removed the screw but the plate with the attached items does not come loose. Any insight into the problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/25/2010
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hello

Robert Preston :

If there is no evidence of power on the printer then the most likely cause is that the power board inside of the printer has failed.

First I would try to unplug the printer for an hour or so and switch it to a different power outlet and see if it will come on. If it still will not then to resolve it, you would have to have the power board replaced to restore functionality.

Customer:

Part of my question was whether the unit had a fuse connected to the power board and how to remove the bottom plate that contains the power components. There is one visible screw that I removed but the plate does not come loose.

Robert Preston :

Ok not sure on that so I'll opt out.