Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson Stylus CX5400. I installed no-Epson ink cart…

Customer Question
I have an Epson Stylus...
I have an Epson Stylus CX5400. I installed non-Epson ink cartridges and the printer rejected them and would not print. I subsequently installed the proper ones and now the printer is not working. In the meantime I acquired an iMac computer and I would like the unit to operate properly. What are your answers to my problem? Also, the printer prints a blank page when I choose to print something on the computer screen.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/25/2010
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hello

Robert Preston :

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. If for some reason it does not follow these instructions:
(a) Unplug the printer
(b) Manually slide the carriage over until you can get the ink cartridges out.
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.

Customer:

I've decided to replace the unit. Thanks for your help and keep the $22 even though the problem was not solved. Thanks, Jac

Robert Preston :

Ok

Robert Preston :

Please click accept to transfer the money

Robert Preston :

Thank you.