Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When new cartridges were installed, Error Message 1700 was…

Customer Question
When new cartridges were installed...
When new cartridges were installed, Error Message 1700 was displayed, following the first print job completed (minutes later) and supply levels indicated LOW appeared, OBVIOUSLY? inaccurately.
Must the entire Pixma MX310 be brought to my nearest authorized Canon dealer?
Where is my (60615-4203) nearest authorized Canon dealer?
Is the Ink Absorber an expensive maintenance issue?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/25/2010
Technician: Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sandeep Pamarati

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your query...

Reason is The printer has a built-in waste ink absorber to hold the ink used during print head cleaning. Eight flashes indicates that this absorber is nearly full.

Press the <Stop/Reset> button to clear the error so you can continue printing. Before the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, the printer will need to be serviced
What you "have supplied" is EXACTLY what the manual ALREADY READS; I'VE NEITHER LEARNED NOTHING NEW NOR RECEIVED ANSWERS TO:
MUST THE ENTIRE PIXMA MX310 BE BROUGHT TO MY NEAREST AUTHORIZED CANON DEALER?
WHERE IS MY (60615-4203) NEAREST AUTHORIZED CANON DEALER?
IS THE INK ABSORBER AN EXPENSIVE MAINTENANCE ISSUE?