Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a MFC 495CW - installed on Windows 7 - Hooked up w/

Customer Question
USB cable . I can...
I have a MFC 495CW - installed on Windows 7 - Hooked up w/ USB cable . I can scan back to my computer but went I trying printing f/ my documents etc. the tab comes for the printer but will not print. Terry
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/25/2010
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 8 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Do you get an error message when you try to print?
no errors - task bar says 0 tasks pending -
Technician: Mike D - Computer/Electronics, Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Mike D - Computer/Electronics
Mike D - Computer/Electronics, Information Systems Manager

Hello! I have this same printer at home, and i've ran into the same problem on Windows 7.

What I did to fix this problem was i downloaded the drivers from Brother's website. Generally the drivers come with a set of drivers for multiple printers. I had found out I installed the drivers for the 490CW printer instead of the 495CW. So I installed the correct one and it worked!

Also, when you run the setup, make sure you right click the Setup.exe file and choose Run as Administrator.

Let me know if this helps!

Here's the link to the drivers you need:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_top.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc495cw_all

Make sure you select the correct version of Windows 7. There's the standard Windows 7 which is 32 bit, and there's the x64 one for the 64 bit version. If you are not sure of the version of Windows 7 you are running, then right click the Computer icon on your desktop (or in the start menu), select properties, and you will see what version you've got in the new window (Near the middle), its labeled as System Type.