Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson Stylus photo R1900 - what setting for Staples Greeting…

Customer Question
Epson Stylus photo R1900 -...
Epson Stylus photo R1900 - what setting for Staples Greeting Card stock. Printer keeps rolling sheets through.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/24/2010
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sudipto, Engineer
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Can you print normal documents from the printer?
no nothing is printing. everything is rolling.
That means blank page is coming out from the printer ? right
yes. paper just rolls through without stopping and indication says "media out or not loaded correctly" . media is loaded as always.
OK
First try the steps below and let me know what happens.....

1.Remove all the cables from the printer.

2.Wait for 5 mins.

3.Connect all the cables,power on the printer and check the issue.
ordinary paper is now printing but not the Staples greeting card stock.
What color documents you have printed? is it black or colour?
color
Please try to print the card with other type of papers one more time and let me know...

Edited by Sudipto on 6/24/2010 at 11:03 PM EST
it prints on plain white bond paper
No do you have tried again with the other types of photo papers to print the card...like Premium Presentation, Ultra Premium Presentation
the only category that is close to the lightweight card stock is Presentation paper which I have tried. I could put in a Ultra Premium Glossy sheet which I have, but I'm wasting a lot of ink. I will try this.
You said that nothing is printing on the photo paper then why lots of inks are wasting?
trying it out on plain bond paper. I just used premium glossy and it rolled through also, without printing. Is there some kind of adjustment to make on the printer itself? I print photos all the time on this printer and did not experience this problem before.
Please check out the steps below and let me know if you are following the same steps...

1.
Remove any paper from the sheet feeder and close the paper support.
2.
Open the output tray and pull out the extensions.
3.
Slide the roll paper edge guide on the back of the printer all the way to the right.
4.
Attach the single sheet guide by aligning the notches on its base with the slots on the back of the printer. Then hook the tabs over the top of the slot (marked with orange triangles).
5.
Turn on the R1900 Series so it can load the paper correctly.
6.
Insert one sheet of paper, printable side up and against the right side, then slide the edge guide against the sheet, but not too tightly.
Note:
Load paper short edge first, no matter which way your photo faces.
Check the paper package for any additional loading instructions.
7.
Guide the paper into the printer until it meets resistance and the printer pulls it in slightly. Once the printer begins feeding the paper, let go of it.
8.
Open the printer cover and make sure the paper has fed all the way into the printer and is straight. The paper must feed straight so the printer can properly identify the edge of it.

Source:Epson
I went to Epson manual myself. If it would have worked I wouldn't have needed you. I think I will have to ask for a repair person to come to my home (it is too heavy to bring it in for repair). My guess is that something is just broken or out of order.
May be software settings are not correct anyway as I am out of ideas I will open this question for other experts so that they can help you with new solutions....you will be notified by email as soon as any one joins you.

Thanks
Please cancel help. I am calling for Epson repair.
OK