Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hi, I have an HP 7310 All In One - Im getting the message…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an HP...

I have an HP 7310 All In One - I'm getting the message" Carriage Jam. Open door clear carriage jam press OK to Continue". I have cleaned out everything that I can see - even removed the clean out door in the back - still getting the message. Help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/24/2010
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sudipto, Engineer
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Sometimes there are some torn paper left inside the printer please try to blow air inside the printer and check the issue and let me know...
I HAD ALREADY TRIED YOUR SOLUTION - THE PRINTER STILL DOESN'T WORK.
Technician: NeOh, Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer

Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

Please goto this link and follow the instructions to solve the issue

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00786043&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Please let me know if you've already tried it

I had already performed the solution that you provided. My printer still does not work. Please do not bill me for the information that you provided.

M Sannes

Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician

Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

Disconnect the power cord from the printer, press and hold # XXXXX 6 together on the printer while plugging the power cord back and after few seconds release both the buttons. The printer display will say Semi-full reset and the printer will turn off automatically. Press the on button and the printer will says semi full reset and will try to print an alignment page.

Hope this helps.

Please accept my answer, this is how that I get paid for my work and please leave positive feedback for me. I am available for follow up questions or for further comment if needed.

Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue. Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer. Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Thank You,

Charles

Printer still says "Carriage Jam Open Door, clear carriage jam, and the press OK to continue". No luck - sorry

m sannes

the encoder strip is most likely the problem. The encoder strip may be dirty or it may not be threaded through the carriage properly. You can clean it with a soft cloth and water. If it is not in the correct position you will have to reposition the strip. the encoder strip looks like a clean ribbon with tiny bar code stripes on it. The drive motor could also be defective. If you hear gears grind I would suspect dirty encoder. If the carriage does not move or barely moves I would think encoder out of place or defective motor.
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Hello Sir or Madam,

Welcome to JustAnswer Printers & Office. I will be happy to help you with your problem today.

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. If for some reason it does not follow these instructions:
(a) Unplug the printer
(b) Manually slide the carriage over until you can get the ink cartridges out.
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.

Thanks,
Robert Preston
I've also already done that.................
You replaced the print head?
No - sorry - I cleaned the cartridges with alcohol - but rather than put any money in this printer I think that I will just go an buy a new one...................sorry you couldn't help me. Thanks for trying.
Ok well if you replaced the print head it would work just fine. Have a good day.

Rob

No - I did not replace the head - just cleaned it. I had already done all of this before I got in touch with you. My printer still does not work. It this point it might be easier (and cheaper to just buy a new printer). So - your efforst are in vain - my printer still in non funtional. Please do not charge my account as my problem is still not resolved. Thank you.

M sannes

I understand what you're saying, but you asked for an answer and I gave you all of the steps and the solution if they did not work.

Rob