Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

HP 6110 takes hours and hours to print each page

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/24/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

1- What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

2- Is the printer connected to your computer using a USB cable ?

Thank you

Edited by John Cappucci on 6/24/2010 at 5:33 PM EST
I am using an Window XP Professional veresion 2002
The printer is connected using a USB plugged directly into an existing USB port
Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the HP printer software going to Start, Control Panel, "Add or Remove programs

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 scroll down, and click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any HP printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer.

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-19447-3&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&product=79477&sw_lang=

And click the "Install now" OR "Download only>>" button. When the download is over please run the file

Select OPEN or RUN if prompted

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer

9- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Printer is not copying or printing any faster. Ran HP diagnostics and still slow
J

Let's check if you have malware on your computer:

Download and run Malware Bytes from here:
http://wikisend.com/download/568156
(click the "Download file" button)

Malmare Bytes it is a FREE application if used at home. Do not click the "Purchase" button

Run it and delete all the malware it may detect

Then restart your computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

Please try to print now, if no luck please let me know how much RAM MEMORY do you have on your computer

Thank you

John Cappucci

As I mentioned prior I have checked malware and run through your diagnostics to no avail??? WHat el;se can I do

Hello.

Have you tried printing in "draft mode" ?

Click File, then Print, then select Draf (or fast) mode.

Please keep me posted!

Thank you

Nada
I also tried changing ink cartridge to an HP cartride from generic

Please unplug the printer from the computer and try to copy a document (black copy) from the glass, and let me know if it works fine this way.

Thank you

John Cappucci