Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have just changed both ink cartridges on my PSC 1050C printer…

Customer Question
I have just changed both...
I have just changed both ink cartridges on my PSC 1050C printer and It won't print.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/23/2010
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

What exactly happens when you try to print.?
Nothing.
The Paper goes through the printer or not?
No.
Ok
Please let me know if you can see any error messages on the printer?
No. The lights on the top of the printer are normal.
OK
Then follow the steps below and perform a power reset and let me know if it helps or not.

First Check the USB cable connections of PC and Printer.If it is alright then follow the steps below and let me know...

1.Remove all the cables from the printer.

2.Wait for 15 mins.

3.turn on the printer and check the issue.
I followed the three steps you suggested and the printer printed out the test page, but will not print anything else.
Do you have printed the test page from the PC or the printer itself?
From the printer itself.
OK
That means the printer is OK then the problem seems to be with the printer software or the USB cable of the printer.Try the steps below to confirm the issue.

1.If you are using Windows Xp then follow this steps...

1. Click "Start" then "Printers and Faxes".
2. When the "Printers and Faxes" window appears, right-click on a printer and choose "Delete".
3. Confirm when prompted.

Then Remove the USB cable from the PC and restart the PC.

After the PC restart connect the cable in the another port of the PC and wait for a while if the printer is detected and re installed then the USB cable is OK otherwise it is defective and you have to replace the cable.