Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a xerox Phaser 6115MFP and it fails to print. It only…

Customer Question
I have a xerox Phaser...
I have a xerox Phaser 6115MFP and it fails to print. It only prints after I turn my computer on in the morning and once it finishes that printing from the previous day, it no longer responds to print. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Patti
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/23/2010
Technician: Colin Vincent, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer

Hi there

a couple of questions if i may to see if it helps in a diagnosis.

What version of Windows are you using and does the printer respond in any way when you attempt to print. (errors, etc)

I have windows XP and I have had this printer working ok for the last couple of years. No message when I attempt to print, just doesn't print. But, when I shut my computer down for the night, when I turn it on in the morning it prints the requests from the previous day.

I do think it sounds Windows related rather than the Xerox itself.

Can you try going to Start > printers and faxes and then right click the mouse on your Xerox printer in the list.

Under the advanced tab select "print directly to the printer" and ok it.

That bypasses the Windows spooler.

Try print something and let me know what happens.

It didn't work. It gave me this message " printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed. Frustrating!