Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am having problems with my Brother printer

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/23/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow the steps below:

1- Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine

2- Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself

*** Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab

3- If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them

4- Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds

5- Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message

6- Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there

7- If it is it means the print head has failed

8- In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced

The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
I did send an answer, No what you told me to do did not help a bit so I am just buying a new and differnt make no more Brother.

Ok, thank you for letting me know!