Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have reinstalled the EPSON STYLUS CX7400 software on my DELL…

Customer Question
I have reinstalled the EPSON...
I have reinstalled the EPSON STYLUS CX7400 software on my DELL INSPIRON 531S. The successfull installation sheet printed out but I still cannot print any documents. Suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/23/2010
Technician: Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer replied 8 years ago
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer.

What version of Windows are you using? And is it 32-bit or 64-bit? (Go Start -> Control Panel -> System to find this information).

Thank you.

Windows Vista

32-bit

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Devices and Printers

Right Click on your Epson printer and select Set As Default.

Go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad

Type test and go to File -> Print

Did the test work?
When I click printer it show's all ink levels empty but when I try to print it shows ink supply in all of them
I'm going transfer this to the printer que. I do not feel there is anything wrong on the PC side, but rather the printer.

Any expert will assist you from there.
Okay, what next?
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

have you ever used the printer succesfully before ? will it print a test page directly from the printer ?

most likely problem is that you did not remove the tape that covered the print cartridges to prevent spillage during shipping

if you can print succesfully directly from the printer what error mesage do you get when you try to print from the computer.

also try powering off the printer and unplugging it for 30 seconds to do a complete reboot

Edited by robert on 6/24/2010 at 8:03 PM EST