Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a paper jam consisting of several sheets of paper totally…

Customer Question
I have a paper jam...
I have a paper jam consisting of several sheets of paper totally inside of the printer. How do I get access to clear the jam?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/23/2010
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Do you feed the paper from the top of the printer or front?
from the front.
Please follow the steps below to clear the jam and let me know..

Clear the jam from the front of the All-in-One
If you cannot remove the paper jam from the back of the product, follow these steps to remove the paper jam from the front.
CAUTION: Remove the paper jam carefully because it is possible to damage the product when removing paper from the front.
  1. While the product is still on, disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  2. If necessary, pull the input tray down to open it, and then lower the print cartridge door.Figure 2: Print cartridge door
  3. Gently pull the paper out of the rollers.
    CAUTION: If the paper tears when you are removing it from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the product. If you do not remove all the pieces of paper from the product, more paper jams might occur.
  4. Close the print cartridge door.
  5. Connect the power cord to the back of the product.
  6. On the control panel, press the Start Copy Black button ( ) to continue the current print job.
    NOTE: The print job might cancel instead of print. If this happens, reprint the document.
    If these steps resolved the issue , there is no need to continue troubleshooting.If the issue persists , see the next step.
Step three: Reset the All-in-OneFollow these steps to reset the product.
  1. Make sure that the product is on, and then disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  3. On the control panel, press and hold both the OK ( ) button and the Help ( ) button while you reconnect the power cord to the back of the product. The message, 'Semi-full Reset' , displays on the control panel display.
  4. Wait until the product initialization process completes so that the product can recover its original settings.
Step four: Reload paper and test the All-in-OneFollow these steps to reload the paper and test the product.
  1. Fan the paper to make sure the pages are all the same size and not stuck together, and then reload the paper in the input tray.Figure 3: Reload paper
  2. Press the On button ( ) to turn on the product, if it is not already on.
  3. In the software program from which you are printing, click File , and then click Print . The Print dialog box opens.
  4. Select the product from the drop-down list, and then click Properties . The Properties dialog box opens.
  5. Click the Paper/Quality tab.
  6. Make sure the paper specified in the Type box matches the paper in the product.
    NOTE: The paper might jam if photo paper is specified in the Properties dialog box when there is plain paper in the tray.
  7. Print the document again.

Source:HP Support
<p>About seven or eight sheets of paper are jamed in the printer. Only a half inch of paper is exposed and I cannot pull the remaining paper out. I have followed the above instructions through step 3, but the "Semi-full Reset" signal does not appear when I push both OK and ? taps. So far, nothing has changed. Paper is still well jamed.  I still need help.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
OK
Then follow the instructions below and let me know....

Follow these steps to clear the jam from the back of the product
  • While the product is still on, disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  • Press in the tab on the left side of the rear door to release the door. Pull the door away from the product to remove it.Figure 1: Remove the rear door
  • Gently pull the paper out of the rollers.
    CAUTION: If the paper tears, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the product. Remove all the pieces of paper from the product to prevent more paper jams.
  • Replace the rear door. Gently push the door forward until it snaps into place.
  • Connect the power cord to the back of the product.
  • Press the OK button ( ) to continue the current print job.

Source:HP Support