Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP Photosmart Premium C309A Series Print/Fax/Scan/Copy…

Customer Question
I have a HP Photosmart...
I have a HP Photosmart Premium C309A Series Print/Fax/Scan/Copy machine. Lately when I've been trying to print only one copy of an item from a Web page such as directions from Mapquest I get non-stop printing of the page(s). To stop the printing I have to go into the control panel and press the cancel selection for that particular print job. Prior to my canceling the printing of a job that would normally be only three pages the print queue column "pages" might have the following entry: "9" (as the number of pages that have printed) and "3" (as the total number of pages in the document). What can I do to correct this problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/23/2010
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 8 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Please bookmark or favorite this page so you can get back to me.
Then click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)
Right click on your printer and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)
Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.
Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

I've tried what you said but my printer hung up for a long time and then just printed only the top of the page. I had tried to print one copy of a two page Mapquest display. The print queue column pages reads "6/2" instead of "2/2". What should I do know? Thank you.

Kenny

I apologizre but I need to opt out and open this to all experts

No matter what I do my printer continues to hang up and prints only the top part of a web page I want in a non-stop manner.. The print queue column "Pages" reads "6/2" instead of "2/2" for a single copy print request of two pages.

I tried the following help suggestion, but to no avail: Please bookmark or favorite this page so you can get back to me.Then click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)

What should I do now? Thank you.

Kenny