Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP Officejet Pro L7480. The LCD screen says Open…

Customer Question
I have a HP Officejet...
I have a HP Officejet Pro L7480. The LCD screen says "Open Door". There is nothing open. Is this a repairable problem? I am not a computer guru.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Printers
6/23/2010
Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp pro replied 8 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Hi

This can happen only if the the tray / door sensor in the printer is malfunctioning or has dirt over it. You need to open all the trays / doors and remove the paper trays (if any) and clean it with compressed air and also clean the printer internally and see result.

Try to do this too :
Remove all ink cartridges. Turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times.
Then put it in right position, turn it on and see if you find some change
Open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust.

If problem persists you will need to get the printer repaired to replace the sensor. If in warranty send it to HP or else take it to a local repair store.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Andy, this did not result in any changes. I already knew I would likely have to toss this printer and get another one. There are no dealers in this area and the one company that repairs printers said that it would not be worth the cost.
Hi

In that case its a hardware failure. If in warranty send it to HP or else take it to a local repair store. Else best is to buy a new printer.